J.E. “Sam” Ryan, CBO
5280 Northwest Drive
Bellingham, Washington 98226
Telephone: (360) 676-6907
|Ongoing Fire Inspection Program
|The Fire Marshal’s Office conducts ongoing inspections of all commercial, industrial and multi-family occupancies on a regular basis. These inspections are to ensure that the needed fire safety equipment and features in these buildings are maintained.
During these inspections we look to work with the building owner to ensure compliance with the fire code. To request an inspection you can call our office at (360) 676-6907 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the most common violations:
- Sprinkler system testing not up to date (annual requirement)
- Alarm system testing not up to date (annual requirement)
- Hood system testing not up to date (required every 6 months)
- Fire extinguishers past their annual inspection date
- Extension cords used in lieu of permanent wiring
- Use of non-approved multi-plug adapters
- Blocking of exit doors or aisles