Duties and Responsibilities
Represent the interests of the State of Washington as legal counsel in the prosecution of adults or juveniles remanded to Superior Court:
- Who are alleged to have committed felony offenses which may be punishable by confinement in the state prison;
- Who are accused of having committed a felony offense(s) in another state and have fled the jurisdiction of that state;
- Violate conditions of their probation;
- Whose cases are appealed to the Court of Appeals.
Assist Law Enforcement Officers in:
- Determining probable cause for arrest of individuals;
- Obtaining search warrants;
- Interpreting the law and its application to particular situations or issues pertaining to case investigations.
Purpose and Benefit of Service:
- Provide effective prosecution of individuals who commit felony level criminal acts, such as arson, burglary, murder or rape, in order to ensure these serious offenders are held accountable for their actions and behaviors in an effort to create a safer community for our citizens. Ensure that fugitives from justice are returned to the demanding state according to the interstate agreement.