Duties and Responsibilities
Represent the interests of the State of Washington as legal counsel in the prosecution of:
- Adults who commit misdemeanor and criminal traffic offenses;
- Juveniles over the age of sixteen who commit criminal traffic offenses;
- Contested infractions;
- Violation of conditions of probation.
Assist Law Enforcement Officers:
- In determining probable cause for arrest of individuals;
- Obtaining search warrants;
- Interpreting the law and its application to particular situations or issues pertaining to case investigations.
Purpose and Benefit of Service:
- Providing effective prosecution of individuals committing misdemeanor criminal acts and criminal traffic offenses is aimed at holding offenders accountable for their actions, modifying their behaviors and providing a safer community.