Duties and Responsibilities:
Represent the interests of the State of Washington as legal counsel in the adjudication or diversion referral process relating to juveniles who:
Commit felony or misdemeanor criminal offenses, excluding offenders over the age of sixteen who commit criminal traffic offenses;
- Violate conditions of probation;
- Are truant from school;
- Whose cases are appealed to the Court of Appeals.
Assist Law Enforcement Officers in:
- Determining probable cause for arrest of individuals;
- Obtaining search warrants;
- Interpreting the law and its application to particular situations or issues pertaining to case investigations.
Purpose and Benefit of Service:
- Providing effective prosecutorial intervention with juveniles who commit criminal acts is aimed at holding these minors accountable for their actions and behaviors which includes making the victim whole.