Canadian Vehicles

The following documents are required to license a Canadian vehicle:
  • The current original Canadian registration certificate (signed by any previous owner if vehicle is being transferred)
  • A bill of sale if ownership is changing
  • A dealer sales agreement if bought from a dealer
  • U.S. Customs clearance document when vehicle is brought into the country
  • An odometer reading if the vehicle is less than 10 years old
  • A certified weight slip will be required if scale weight is not documented

Additional information about importing a motor vehicle