Report a Problem or Violation

Fecal Bacteria Pollution

If you see a spill or activity that is causing fecal bacteria pollution (e.g., poop getting into surface water), report it to the Washington State Department of Ecology. Email and online reports are reviewed during office hours. You may request that your personal information be kept confidential.

What to Report

  • Where is the problem? Please be as specific as possible.
  • What kind of material is involved?
  • How much is there?
  • Who is responsible for the material?

Other Types of Pollution