When requesting a copy of a recorded document, please provide as much information as you have such as names, auditor file number(s) and date(s).
To obtain a copy:
- Call 360-778-5100
- Have your credit card ready. A nominal fee will be charged to use your credit card in addition to the copy fees.
- Mail the request to: Attention: Recording, Whatcom County Auditor, 311 Grand Ave., Suite 103, Bellingham, WA 98225
- Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope to return your copy.
- Include the requestor’s name and phone number in case we have questions.
- Send a check payable to Whatcom County Auditor for the fees – Please do not send cash.
- Regular copies:
- 1980 - Present: $1.00 for each page requested.
- 1979 and older: $9.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page.
- Certified copies:
- 1980 - Present: $3.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page of the document.
- 1979 and older: $11.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page of the document.
To obtain a certified copy the entire document must be requested.
- Assisted record search - $8.00 per hour for records prior to 1980