Since 2017, the Wellness Program has been offering the Diabetes Prevention Program with help from Whatcom County's WSU Extension and the YMCA.
It is a year long program that is available to all full time employees and their dependents covered under the current year's medical plan.
Did you and/or your spouse score 9+ points?
Interested in learning more?
Email Darein Wylin, Wellness Program Coordinator to get started
Participants in the course get:
• A CDC-approved curriculum
• The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
• A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
• Support from other participants with the same goals as you
• 12 weekly sessions in a safe, confidential environment
• 10 bi-weekly or monthly follow-up sessions to help you maintain healthy lifestyle changes — and fun
A lifestyle change intervention can help you make lasting changes to reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
The Diabetes Prevention Program led by the WSU and YMCA is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.