The Whatcom County Climate Impact Advisory Committee provides review and recommendations to the Whatcom County Council and Executive on issues related to the preparation and adaptation for, and the prevention and mitigation of, impacts of climate change.
- Meetings are generally held the third Thursday of the month, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and are currently being held in a hybrid format, in person and remotely (see agenda for remote meeting details).
- Meetings are open to the public. Community members who attend may provide public comment on issues related to climate impacts in Whatcom County.
The Climate Impact Advisory Committee has 11 voting members appointed by the County Council:
- Ray Kamada
- Phillip Thompson
- Ellyn Murphy
- William Bethel
- Eddy Ury
- Imran Sheikh
- Stevan Harrell
- Charles Bailey
- Derek Gremban
- Suneeta Eisenberg
- Regina Jefferies
- Kaylee Galloway, County Council (non-voting)
- At least seven members must have previous work or educational experience in subjects including climate change, renewable energy development, energy conservation, climate impacts on health, farming, fisheries and food security, land use planning, tribal environmental policy, and flood mitigation and planning.
- Elected officials and staff from the cities within the county are eligible and encouraged to participate as members.
- A County councilmember shall serve on the committee as a non-voting member
- Three year terms, two-term limit, one year separation required after second term before being eligible to reapply.