Cannery Lodge ~ Semiahmoo
The two story former bunkhouse and office of the Alaska Packers Association Cannery has been restored for public rental. This unique venue with its spectacular setting is the perfect backdrop for weddings, receptions, meetings, and events. The Cannery Lodge has scenic views of Semiahmoo Bay, Drayton Harbor, and Mount Baker. The venue capacity is 63 guests and is ADA accessible. Learn more about Semiahmoo Park.
* The rental consists of the main floor only. The second floor is off limits to guests.
- Main Room with Tables and Chairs for 60
- 6 5' Round Tables
- 4 18"x6' Tables
- 1 30"x6' Table
- 12'x12' Kitchen/Prep Area
- 15' Serving Counter
- Stove/Oven (for reheating only)
- 20'x25' outside deck is open to the public
9261 Semiahmoo Parkway
Blaine, WA 98230
From I-5 (North or South)
Take I-5 Exit 270
Head west on Birch Bay Lynden Rd. (northbound turn left, southbound turn right)
In approx. 4 miles turn right onto Harborview Rd.
After about 1 mile turn left onto Lincoln Rd.
Lincoln Rd. becomes Semiahmoo Parkway
Drive approx. 3.6 miles. The Semiahmoo Park Buildings are on the left as you drop down onto Semiahmoo Spit.
The Semiahmoo Cannery Lodge shares a parking lot with Semiahmoo Park.
- Can I decorate the facility I have reserved?
Decorations may not be attached to the walls or wood work and should not make holes or cause damage to any surface. Smoke machines, fog machines, hazers, and candles are not allowed. Rice, birdseed, and confetti of any kid are prohibited. All decorations must be removed and cleaned up completely prior to leaving the site.
- Can I bring my dog?
Pet must be leashed (maximum 8 feet) at all times, including in campgrounds and reserved picnic areas. Whatcom County Parks has one designated and marked off-leash area at Hovander Homestead Park.
Pets are prohibited in the following parks and locations:
- Stimpson Family Nature Reserve
- Point Whitehorn Marine Reserve
- Canyon Lake Community Forest
- Ostrom Conservation Site
- Birch Bay Conservancy Area
- Tennant Lake Boardwalk
- Designated Shellfish Beds
- Designated Swim Beaches
- All Park Buildings
Click here for all regulations on pets.
- Can I bring my own BBQ grill?
If you have reserved a picnic area or shelter, you can bring your own grill but you are responsible for the safe operation of your grill. Grills are prohibited on decks, walkways, or within 25 feet of any structure.
- Can we have a bounce house at our event?
Bounce Houses and other inflatables are not allowed at any Whatcom County Parks
- Can I play music at my event?
Noise from sound systems, speakers, bands, microphones or any other amplified sound must be at a volume such that it cannot be heard outside the area you have reserved.
- Can I have a food truck at my event?
Food Trucks for private functions are only allowed in the following circumstances:
- What is the cleaning policy for a rental facility?
Customers are required to leave the facility in the same condition as when they arrived. Cleaning supplies are provided for indoor facilities. Garbage and recycling must be removed from the premises (must be taken from the park) unless the customer has paid the optional waste disposal fee.
- Do I still need a liquor license if we paid the $60 Alcohol Use Fee to Whatcom County Parks?
The Alcohol Use Fee charged by Whatcom County Parks is not a liquor license. To find out if you need a State of Washington Banquet Permit please check here. It is your responsibility to research and follow all laws pertaining to alcohol use at your event.
- I need to cancel my reservation. Can I get a refund?
- How do I get the Whatcom County Resident rate when booking a reservation?
The billing address of the reservation holder must be in Whatcom County in order to receive in-county rates. If the credit card address is outside Whatcom County, but the customer is a County resident, they can:
- Provide a utility bill that displays both name and address
- Provide property tax info that can be verified on the Assessors Property Information System
- I want to reserve space to teach a class. What do I need to do?
You would need to apply for a Special Event Permit. Special Event Permits are required for any of the following situations: