Childhood Immunizations

Vaccines protect kids from serious diseases. By keeping up-to-date on your child’s immunizations, you will help them stay healthy so they can continue to do all the things that they enjoy.

Where can I get immunizations?

Childhood immunizations are no cost in Washington State for everyone under age 19.

Most insurance plans cover all the costs of getting vaccines. Visit your usual health care provider to get your shots, or check with a pharmacy to find a location near you that offers vaccines.

If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not fully cover vaccines, you can still get them for no cost through the Childhood Vaccine Program.

  • Many health care providers in Whatcom County can provide childhood vaccines at no cost. Some providers might charge a small fee for the office visit.
  • We offer vaccines at no cost for children who:
    • Are uninsured.
    • Have insurance that does not cover vaccines.
    • Do not have a primary care provider.
    • Have a primary care provider who does not provide vaccines.
    • Otherwise cannot access vaccines.

Call us at 360-778-6100 if you need help finding vaccines at no cost for your child. Visit our Immunization Clinics webpage for a list of upcoming clinics.

Use DOH's interactive Vaccine Map to find local health care providers who give childhood immunizations.

Which vaccines should my child have?

Getting vaccinated early in life gives your child protection from diseases before they are exposed to them. Use the recommended immunization schedules below, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to know which shots your child needs and when.

Before attending school or child care, your child must be up-to-date on their vaccines. Find out what is required in Washington State:

How can I check my child’s immunization records?

There are a few ways to access your family’s immunization information:

  • Sign up for MyIRMobile where you can view, download, and print immunization records.
  • Request your records from your usual health care provider. Most providers can access records through the Washington State Immunization Information System. Check with them first to make sure they have your complete records.
  • Request a complete immunization record from the Washington State Department of Health.

How can I learn more about vaccines?

You make educated choices about your family’s health and well-being every day, from which car seats to use to what food you eat or how to find quality child care. The choice to immunize is no different.