Home Improvement

If you improve your single family residence by remodeling, adding new rooms, decks, patios or other improvements, you may apply for a 3-year exemption from taxes on the value of the physical improvement. Physical improvements do not include normal maintenance items. An application for the exemption must be filed with the Assessor’s Office prior to completion of the project.