To become a candidate for commissioner of a diking or drainage district, you must:
- own property within the district
- be registered to vote in Washington State
- follow the steps below
There will be two Candidate Filing Weeks for Diking and Drainage District Commissioner/Supervisor. Filings will be accepted during these times:
- 8:30 am Monday December 13 – 4:30 pm Friday December 17, 2021.
- 8:30 am Monday December 27, 2021 - 4:30 pm Monday January 3, 2022 (office closed Friday, December 31, 2021)
- To see a list of people that filed, click here. Last updated 1/3/2022 at 4:30 pm
Steps to Become a Candidate
1. Choose an Open Position
2022 positions open for filing (PDF)
2. File for Office
Filing will be open during the dates listed above. Forms received outside of those dates and times will be returned. There is no filing fee.
Candidates may file by:
When only one candidate files for an office, that person is deemed elected. If two or more candidates file for the same office, an election will be held by mail on February 8, 2022.
For questions, call 360-778-5102 or email [email protected]