Campground Rules and Reservation Policies
The following rules apply to Silver Lake Park Campground and Lighthouse Marine Park Campground. Please observe these rules so that all campers may enjoy their visit.
General Campground Rules
Check in: 2:00pm
Check out: 11:00am
Check in: 4:00pm
Check out: 11:00am
Your reservation is considered a no-show if you have not arrived by 11am the day after your arrival date, did not cancel your reservation, or did not contact park staff to let them know of your late arrival. No-show reservations will be released.
Campsite Capacity Rules
Each single campsite may have up to 6 people
Each double campsite may have up to 12 people
Occupancy & Use Rules
- Camping is prohibited except in specifically designated sites with full payment of fees
- Campers may stay up to 14 days in a 30 day period
- Campsites may not be left unoccupied for more than 24 hours
- All camping equipment and personal property must be removed from site by check-out time
- Fires are only allowed in designated firepits. Outdoor recreational burn bans must be observed when implemented. Current outdoor burning information. Gathering of firewood is prohibited.
- Alcohol is only allowed in registered campsites or picnic shelters with payment of fees. Alcohol is prohibited in day-use park areas.
- Do not use barbecues on table tops
Campsite Vehicle Rules
- Vehicles must remain on hardened surfaces (pavement or gravel)
- No off-road travel or parking is allowed
- Each single campsite includes oneof the following (double for double campsites):
- One passenger vehicle
- One vehicle with trailer
- One RV with tow vehicle
* One additional passenger vehicle is allowed at campsites for an onsite fee of $11 per day
Camping with your Dog
Dogs are welcome but must remain on leash at all times, including when in the water and while at your campsite. Dogs are not allowed on the designated swimming beach. Dogs are allowed in the cabins (except Shuksan Cabin) with payment of a pet fee. It is your responsibility to:
- Keep animal under control and on a leash no longer than 8 feet, unless otherwise crated or caged
- Have a clean-up device with you at all time and properly dispose of animal waste
- Ensure animal does not bite, intimidate, or annoy other park users
- Ensure animal does not bark or disturb the peace of the park
Unless otherwise specified above, all park rules apply to our campgrounds. Full listing of Park Rules can be found here.
Campsite, Cabin & Night Lodge Reservations
- Reservations can be made for the following year, starting the first business day of December at 9am
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance either online or by phone at 360-778-5850
- Payment in full is required at the time of reservation.
- A $13 non-refundable reservation fee is charged for each site, for each set of consecutive days
- Weekend reservations must be for both Friday and Saturday nights during peak season (April - October)
- Designated ADA campsites may only be reserved with a disability placard or card
- Must be 18 years or older to reserve a campsite
Determining Whatcom County Residency for In-County Rates
The billing address of the reservation holder must be in Whatcom County in order to receive in-county rates. If the credit card address is outside Whatcom County, but the customer is a County resident, they can:
- Provide a utility bill that displays both name and address
- Provide property tax info that can be verified on the Assessors Property Information System
Self-Registration (Campsites Only)
Upon arrival in the park, all campsites without a valid hang tag may be reserved on a first come / first serve basis.
- Select a vacant, unreserved site
- Occupy site with a vehicle or personal items
- Proceed to Park Office or pay station. (Pay stations are located next to the kiosks at the entrances to Maple Creek Campground and Red Mountain Campground, and outside the Park Office)
- Fill out a self-registration envelope completely, following the pricing guide to determine costs. Deposit payment into pay station or pay directly at Park Office during office hours.
- Camping fees must be paid within 30 minutes of occupying a campsite
- Maximum of 2 nights per self-registration. Please see Park Staff for availability if you'd like to extend your stay.
- US currency only
- Any overpayment will be considered a donation to the park
***Permanent First Come/First Serve Sites:
- Cedar Campground: 3
- Maple Creek Campground: 22, 32, 35, 45
- Red Mountain Campground: 1, 28
Cancellations and Refunds
- To change or cancel a current reservation, call the Parks Administrative Office at 360-778-5850
- The reservation fee is non-refundable.
- For a full refund (less reservation fee), reservation must be cancelled 30 days or more prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Cancellations 3-29 days prior to scheduled arrival date will be refunded except for the cost of the first night and the reservation fee.
- Cancellations 2 days prior to scheduled arrival date will be refunded except for the cost of the first 3 nights and reservation fee. If reservations is for 3 nights or less, no refund will be given
- If an error or mistake is made while booking, either online or over the phone, reservation may be cancelled and fully refunded within one business day of making the error.
- Only person whose name is on the reservation may cancel the reservation
- Whatcom County reserves the right to cancel any reservation with notice or in emergency situations. If we cancel your reservation for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
- If requested 5 days or more prior to scheduled arrival date, reservations can be transferred to another date within the same calendar year.
- Transferred reservations are charged a $13 transfer fee.
- Reservations may only be transferred once.
- Transferred reservations cannot be refunded at a later date.
50% disability discount available to Washington State Residents on campsites fees only.
- Requires one of the following:
- WA State Parks Disability Pass
- Disabled Veterans Lifetime Pass
- WA State Permanent Disability Park Pass + matching ID
- Campers must reserve at full price and are refunded at the Park upon verification of documentation by Park Staff. Current Office Hours can be found here.
- Refund must be completed while at the park
- Discount is only for the campsite of the person with the qualifying placard or card
- Person with the qualifying placard or card must be present throughout the reservation period
- Discount does not apply to temporary Disability Parking Permits
- Discount does not apply to Group Camp, Cabins, Picnic Shelters, the Day Lodge or any add-on fees.