Civil Protection Order Resources

Legal Advice

The District Court staff is not permitted, by law, to give legal advice. The staff cannot help you complete your paperwork. Please consult with one of the community resources noted below or an attorney for assistance.

Civil Protection Order Forms and Information

Civil protection order forms and other information can be accessed by clicking "View All" on the right side of this page. 

Superior Court

If you think that your case should be processed through Superior Court, contact:

Office of Assigned Counsel / Court Services
Whatcom County Courthouse
311 Grand Avenue
3rd Floor
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: 360-778-5564


If your case involves domestic violence or sexual assault, and you are not in, or in need of, shelter, call this agency first:

Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services

1407 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: 360-715-1563 or 877-715-1563 (24-Hour Hotline)
Phone: 360-671-5714 (business Line) 

Other Agencies

Other agencies that may be able to assist you:

Whatcom County Law Library
311 Grand Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: 360-778-5790
Library staff can assist in using legal research materials but cannot help with completing paperwork nor provide legal advice. Open part-time; call ahead for current schedule.

Northwest Justice Project
Project Safer
Phone: 888-201-1014 (CLEAR line)
You must call the CLEAR line to be screened for services.