- 3 members with relevant scientific experience
- 3 members elected officials - 1 each from the county, Blaine, and Bellingham
- 3 members with economic interest (provided that commercial fishing is represented)
- 2 members with recreational interest (provided that sport fishers are represented)
- 3 members with conservation and environmental interests
- 2 members who are citizens at large
- Each recognized tribe shall be offered a seat on the Committee, with the representative to be appointed by the respective tribal authority
The Marine Resource Committee, guided by sound science and the needs of the Northwest Strait marine ecosystem, and consideration for the citizens of Whatcom County, will address local marine issues and recommend remedial action to local authorities. The committee will build awareness of issues, and gather support for remedies.
Date of Formation
For further information, questions, or comments, please call the Whatcom County Executive Council's Office at 360-778-5200.