The Maintenance and Operations Traffic Section maintains
and installs appropriate traffic control devices following the
Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- M&O striping crew stripes 1800 land miles of road yearly.
- Environmentally friendly water-based paint is used.
- Raised pavement markers installed.
- Thermoplastic stop bars, arrows and railroad crossing markings applied.
- Maintains 14,700 signs.
- Signs are visually inspected monthly for general condition.
- Annual night reflectivity inspections.
- Makes new signs, reviews development plans & construction zones.
- 24-hour emergency on-call availability.