During winter months, emergency shelters for people who are living homeless will operate at various locations in Bellingham.
The following severe weather shelters will be open Wednesday, November 27th and Thursday, November 28th:
- Fountain Community Church-Welcoming adults
- Check in is at the Lighthouse Mission located at 1013 W. Holly St.
- Check In is at 6:30pm.
- Garden St. United Methodist Church-Welcoming families with children under 18
- Doors open at 7 pm
- Check in is at the Opportunity Council at 1111 Cornwall Ave, from 10am-4pm on Wednesday, 11/27. After those hours, please visit the Lighthouse Mission at 1013 W. Holly St.
- Shelter is also available at the Lighthouse Mission Ministries Drop-In Center.
Severe weather shelters are open based on temperature thresholds being met and a need for added capacity.
Information for Friday, 11/29 through Sunday, 12/1.
Severe Weather Shelters will not be continuing the emergency operations beginning Friday, November 29th, as the Women’s Civic Field Shelter will open that evening.
- Women’s Civic Field Shelter-Welcoming adult women
- Check in is at the Lighthouse Mission located at 910 W. Holly St. Guests will be transported to shelter location after check in.
- Check in begins at 6:00
Check In for the LMM Drop In Center will take place at 1013 W. Holly Street.
To get up-to-date shelter information, call the Emergency Winter Shelter Hotline at (360) 788-7983.