Data released today by the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) enables the North Region, which includes Whatcom County, to move to Phase 2 of the Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery Reopening Plan.
Starting Monday, February 15 some additional activities will be allowed in Whatcom County. The most notable changes are:
- Indoor gatherings are allowed with maximum of 5 people from outside of your household, limit 2 households
- Outdoor gatherings are now allowed with maximum of 15 people from outside of your household, limit 2 households
- Indoor dining is allowed at 25% capacity with maximum 6 people per table, limit 2 households
For the full list of what will be allowed starting on Sunday, February 14, see the chart below.
Continue to Take Precautions
Despite our move to Phase 2, precautions are still necessary to keep our community safe. This means that you should continue to:
- Wear a mask while in public or while gathering with anyone outside of your household.
- Keep gatherings small.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Stay home if you are sick except to get tested for COVID-19.