Election Day is Tuesday, February 9th and all Whatcom County School Districts and Fire Protection District 8 are on the ballot. Make sure your ballot is postmarked by February 9th so it gets counted. We recommend mailing a day earlier to ensure a valid postmark, County Auditor Debbie Adelstein said.
To save a 49-cent stamp, voters are encouraged to deposit their ballot in an official drop box. Ballots deposited in a drop box don’t need postage and are open until 8:00 pm on Election Day. Voters are reminded that six new ballot drop boxes were added throughout the county in the Fall. The new locations are:
• Haggen Sehome Village , 210 36th Street (in the northeast corner of the parking lot)
• North Whatcom Fire & Rescue Station, 4581 Birch Bay-Lynden Road
• North Fork Library, 7506 Kendall Road
• Laurel Grange, 6172 Guide Meridian (no longer a drop box at Meridian Middle School)
• Sudden Valley, Gate One at the Security Office turnaround
• Behind the Sumas Post Office, 534 Railroad Avenue
The usual drop boxes are still open and voters can find the locations online at www.whatcomcounty.us/auditor or in the Voters’ Pamphlet enclosed with their ballot.
Contact the Election Division at the Auditor’s Office immediately at (360) 778-5102, if you haven’t received your ballot. Relay calls gladly accepted.