Everyone over the age of 16 can now get a COVID-19 vaccine! Vaccine appointments are available in our community, you just need to know where to look. You may have noticed that not all vaccine providers and pop-up vaccine clinics are listed on the Vaccine Locator website. We know it’s frustrating not to have all available vaccine appointments in one place. For tips to save you time and get you an appointment, keep reading!
Where to Start
It’s best to start searching for a vaccine appointment on the Vaccine Locator website. This site provides information about available COVID-19 vaccine appointments from a variety of locations, and it links to provider sites for online or phone scheduling. It will also tell you which vaccine type the provider offers (if they have uploaded that information), if there are appointments available, and when the information was last updated.
There are other sites to search for vaccine appointments, but we recommend using Vaccine Locator because it’s the most reliable.
Here’s what else you should know:
- 16- and 17-year-olds can only receive the Pfizer vaccine right now.
- You can get vaccinated if you are pregnant.
- There is no cost to get vaccinated.
- You do not need insurance to get vaccinated.
- Everyone can get vaccinated regardless of citizenship status. Many clinics do not require ID.
- If you have trouble scheduling online, call the DOH hotline at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. You can get help in many languages, and call takers can even help you schedule appointments for any clinics in Washington that use PrepMod, a vaccine scheduling tool.
Vaccine Providers Open to Everyone
The following sites regularly offer vaccine appointments that are open to anyone 16 and older.
Community Vaccination Center
The CVC is listed on Vaccine Locator and uses PrepMod for scheduling.
Location: Bellingham Technical College, Building G, 3028 Lindbergh Ave, Bellingham
Days/Hours: Currently open on Saturdays and Sundays; hours vary weekly.
Public transit: BTC is served by WTA bus routes (currently fare-free) and paratransit every day of the week except Sunday.
Vaccines: Varies by availability.
- Check “COVID-19 Vaccination” and search for “Bellingham” in the location field. Clinics are visible once scheduling opens up, currently every Wednesday at 9:30am.
- Call (360) 778-6075 if you need technology or language assistance.
- By appointment only; no walk-ins. Scheduling generally opens at 9:30am the Wednesday prior to the weekend clinic.
- If vaccine appointments are full, you can still sign up for the waiting list.
- For a video tour of the site (available in English and Spanish), please visit vaccinatewhatcom.org.
PeaceHealth Community COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
You don’t need to be a PeaceHealth patient to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment here.
Location: PeaceHealth Health Education Center (formerly known as St. Luke’s), 3333 Squalicum Pkwy, Bellingham
Days/Hours: Typically open Tuesdays through Saturdays. Hours vary. By appointment only. No walk-ins.
Public transit: The main hospital is served by WTA, but the stop is about a half-mile from the Health Education Center.
Vaccines: Pfizer. The number of available doses varies weekly.
Appointments: PeaceHealth COVID-19 Online Scheduling.
Lummi Nation generously offers available COVID-19 vaccine appointments to the general public. To stay up to date, follow their Facebook page.
- By appointment only. Clinic schedules and location vary.
- Lummi Nation tribal members are prioritized.
Nooksack Indian Tribe
Nooksack Indian Tribe generously offers available COVID-19 vaccine appointments to the general public. To stay up to date and see when the next clinic is offered, follow their Facebook Page or check their website. Tribal members should contact Nooksack Medical Clinic for an appointment.
Many chain and locally-owned pharmacies offer the COVID-19 vaccine to the general public. Check Vaccine Locator to find out which pharmacies near you offer the vaccine and how to schedule an appointment with them.
The following pharmacies receive vaccine from the Federal Pharmacy Program, and you can find them in Vaccine Locator:
- Fred Meyer
Check with your local pharmacy to see if they have vaccine appointments available.