Public Works offices will reopen to the public by appointment only on Wednesday, June 30, when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted state wide. Reopening our public buildings will be done gradually, and this is the first step in that process. We thank you in advance for your patience during the reopening process.
Here are some important aspects of reopening for Lummi Islanders:
- We ask that you continue to buy ferry punch cards online or at one of the monthly punch card sales on the island.
- You will not be able to buy a punch card at the Civic Center building without an appointment.
- The Whatcom Chief will remain on its current schedule in order to provide flexibility in how we deliver our services. Extra ferry runs will be done as needed at the captain’s discretion.
- The no cash policy will continue for now. We will re-evaluate this policy after dry dock.
- The department will continue to accommodate remote interactions with our customers and citizens whenever possible.
- If you would like to visit a public works building in person, please make an appointment directly with the person or division you would like to meet with. Contact information is available on our website. Ongoing construction at the Civic Center location has reduced free public parking in front of the building. Building visitors should be prepared to use street parking.
Please email the Ferry Division with any questions.