The Whatcom Chief will be out of service from 10:10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Wednesday, August 4, for inspection and maintenance of the ferry terminal facilities at both Lummi Island and Gooseberry Point.
- The Lummi Island Ferry will be out of service Wednesday, August 4, from 10:10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- The last morning run from the Gooseberry Point side will be 9:50 a.m. and the last morning run from the Lummi Island side will be 10 a.m.
- In order to fully inspect the terminal facilities, no additional runs will be made to clear the docks after the last posted run time.
- The service outage must start on time to ensure the repairs start and end on time; travelers should plan accordingly for island travel.
- Public Works is now scheduling inspection and maintenance approximately every two months.
- This is the last scheduled maintenance outage before dry dock; dry dock is scheduled for Sept. 11-Oct. 4.
Inspection and maintenance activities are weather dependent, and the times and/or date may be changed if necessary. If schedule changes occur, updates will be posted at www.whatcomcounty.us/ferry.
The Public Works Department would like to thank everyone in advance for their cooperation and patience during this necessary inspection and maintenance.
For more information, contact the Ferry Department at 360-778-6200 or [email protected]..