The Whatcom Chief will be out of service from 10:10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 9, for inspection and maintenance of the ferry terminal facilities at both Lummi Island and Gooseberry Point.
- The Lummi Island Ferry will be out of service Wednesday, October 20, from 10:10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- The last morning run from the Gooseberry Point side will be 9:50 a.m. and the last morning run from the Lummi Island side will be 10 a.m.
- In order to fully inspect the terminal facilities, no additional runs will be made after the 10 a.m. run from Lummi Island.
- Public Works is now scheduling inspection and maintenance approximately every two months.
- Inspection and maintenance activities are weather-dependent, and the times and/or date may change if necessary. If schedule changes occur, updates will be posted at www.whatcomcounty.us/ferry.
The Public Works Department would like to thank everyone in advance for their cooperation and patience during this necessary inspection and maintenance.