The Whatcom Chief will be out of service from 9:20 p.m. on Thursday, March 31, until the first scheduled run at 5:40 a.m. on Friday, April 1. The Gooseberry Point apron will be locked into place for geotechnical work during this outage, and ferry service will be unavailable, including for emergencies.
- The Lummi Island Ferry will be out of service from 9:20 p.m. on Thursday, March 31 until the first scheduled run at 5:40 a.m. on Friday, April 1.
- The last evening run from the Gooseberry Point side will be at 9:10 p.m.
- The last evening run from the Lummi Island side will be at 9:00 p.m.
- Due to the Gooseberry Point apron being pinned and locked into place, there will be no runs during the outage including any emergency runs.
- No additional runs will be made to clear the docks after the last posted run time.
- This outage must start on time; travelers should plan accordingly for island travel.
The Public Works Department would like to thank everyone in advance for their cooperation and patience during this necessary testing.