Permit Center Lobby Open: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
**Permit Lobby Closed: Tuesday & Thursday
(**virtual (online via Zoom) Appointments Available)
We are continuing to take a phased approach to reopening in-person planning services. Some staff continue to work remotely. We will continue to assist customers in this capacity including virtual meetings (online via Zoom) during the phased reopening. We strongly encourage customers to use our online service.
Limited In-Person Services
- General property, permitting and zoning information (M, W, F 9am-4pm)
- Assistance and direction on how to submit and apply online.
- Records Research (capacity for records research shall be limited to one customer at a time). Records research will be available Monday, Wed and Friday from 9-4 pm.
Online Services and Resources
- All applications and prescreens must be submitted digitally to [email protected] —we will not be taking paper submissions for prescreens, applications and permit intake.
- Submit general questions or parcel specific questions using our online Property Information Request Form.
- Schedule a building inspection online using our Building Inspection Request Form.
- The Whatcom County GIS Map Portal provides access to planning-related information for Whatcom County. Whatcom County GIS Tax Parcel Viewer—Use multiple map gallery choices and map layers to navigate through topics, such as Zoning, view current imagery maps, Assessor information, city boundaries, subdivision annotation and bare earth topography.
- Virtual Appointment Available Tuesday & Thursday (9am to 3pm). Use the Appointment Request Online Form to request.
- Report a code violation - go to our Report a Code Violation page.