Do you have COVID-19? Speak with a provider to see if treatment is right for you.
The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) offers same day or next day virtual appointments for anyone who wants to speak to a medical professional about COVID-19 treatments. Anyone in Washington state who tests positive for COVID-19, including with an at-home test, can use this service. These appointments are free even if you do not have insurance. To set up a telehealth appointment, visit DOH’s new telehealth webpage or call 1-800-525-0127(press #).
The call center is available to arrange telehealth consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Mondays, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays through Sundays and state holidays. Telehealth appointments are currently available in 240 languages through translation services.
If an individual is between the ages of 12-17, pregnant, nursing, needs an appointment in a language other than English, or needs other COVID-19 services, they should arrange an appointment through the call center.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, test right away. Receiving treatment early is important in preventing severe illness, hospitalization and COVID-19 complications. You must get COVID-19 treatments within a specific period after symptoms develop for treatment to be effective; for oral antivirals this is within five days. Talk with your primary care provider or use DOH's free telehealth service to see if COVID-19 therapeutics are right for you.
There are multiple ways to access free at-home tests. Use any of the following to build up your supply:
- Washington State Free Test Program: Homes in Washington State can order two sets of five tests per month. To order tests, visit sayyescovidhometest.org or call 1-800-525-0127. The call center can also help order federal tests. Language assistance available when ordering by phone.
- Federal Government Free Test Program: Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order three sets of four free at-home tests. To order tests, visit covid.gov/tests or call 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489). Language assistance available when ordering by phone.
- Whatcom County Library System: A limited supply is available at all WCLS branches.
- Local Whatcom County Health Department COVID-19 Pop-up Vaccination Clinics: Whatcom County Health Department clinics have free at-home tests to give away. Get details on upcoming pop-up clinics at whatcomcounty.us/covidvaccine.
- Insurance Reimbursement for At-Home COVID-19 Tests: Many insurances will pay you back for a set number of COVID-19 at home tests each month for each person on your plan. Learn about insurance requirements for free tests or reimbursement at go.cms.gov/3QdLm6J or call your insurance provider
To learn more about COVID-19 treatment options, visit doh.wa.gov/emergencies/covid-19/treatments.