The Whatcom County Health Department is offering free trainings that allow homeowners to perform a required septic evaluation and become eligible for septic system rebates.
At this free, two-hour workshop, homeowners will:
- Learn how to maintain your septic system.
- Learn how to complete a septic system evaluation* and WCHD reporting requirements.
- Receive contact information for third party specialists.
- Become eligible for the septic maintenance rebate program to reduce the cost of evaluations by a third-party specialist, tank pumping or select maintenance activities.
If you received a letter from us about your septic system evaluation, we invite you to sign up for this free class. It will help you learn how to avoid a civil penalty in the future.
Sign up for a class:
East Whatcom Regional Resource Center - 8251 Kendall Rd, Maple Falls, WA 98266
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 6-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 6-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 6-8 p.m.
Lynden City Hall Annex - 205 4th Street, Lynden, WA 98264
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 6-8 p.m.
To register, visit https://bit.ly/Whatcom-Septic-Training or call 360-778-6000
Whatcom County code requires that septic systems are evaluated either once a year or once every three years depending on system type. Homeowner education through classes like these are required to meet septic-related rebate requirements.
*Some system types are not eligible for homeowner self-evaluation. Find out more information at the Whatcom County Septic Maintenance Rebate Program webpage.