Community members are invited to an open house to review the Draft Whatcom County Food System Plan. The Food System Plan outlines goals, objectives, and actions that strengthen our local food system. The open house is an opportunity to discuss, assess and provide vital feedback on the content of the plan.
In-Person Open House Event Details
- Monday, February 13 from 6-7:30 pm.
- Pioneer Pavilion at 2007 Cherry Street in Ferndale
- Participants can come and go at any point.
- Refreshments and Spanish interpretation services will be provided. Additional interpretation services can be provided upon request. Email Ali Jensen by Thursday, February 9, to request these additional interpretation services.
- View the Facebook Event page here.
Virtual Open House Event Details
- Tuesday, February 14 from 12-1 pm.
- Wednesday, February 15 from 4:30-5:30 pm.
After finalizing the plan, it will be brought forward to the Whatcom County Council for final approval and implementation.
The Whatcom County Food System Committee advises the Whatcom County Council and County Executive. The purpose of this committee is to draft, implement, provide oversight for, and regularly update a county-wide food system plan to strengthen our local and regional food system. Find more information on the committee website.