Receiving Your Ballot: Ballots for the primary election will be mailed to registered voters on July 12. Voters should receive a ballot by July 19. Contact the Auditor’s office for a replacement if yours is lost or damaged.
Returning Your Ballot: You may vote and return your ballot as soon as you receive it in the mail. Return your ballot in an official ballot drop box by 8:00 pm on August 1 OR return it by mail. Ballots returned by mail must be postmark by August 1. We do not recommend mailing your ballot after July 25.
Primary Election Registration Deadlines:
1) Monday, July 24 is the deadline for online registrations or address updates. If mailing a registration form, it must be received at the Auditor’s Office by July 24.
2) Starting Tuesday, July 25 citizens needing to register or update their address in time for the primary election must appear in person at the Whatcom County Auditor’s Office.
3) The deadline for in person registrations and updates is 8:00 pm on August 1.
How to Register or Update Your Address:
1) Online at VoteWA.gov if you have a current Washington State driver license or ID card, or
2) Complete a Washington State Voter Registration form and return in the mail. Registration forms are available on our website, or contact us to have a form mailed to you, if time allows, or
3) In-Person at the Whatcom County Auditor’s Office, Election Division: 311 Grand Avenue, Suite 103.
Voters Requiring Assistance and Other Information: An accessible voting unit (AVU) is equipped with visual and audio technology. Voters requiring assistance may vote on the AVU starting July 12. For more information, contact the Election Division at (360) 778-5102 or [email protected].
A local voters’ pamphlet is mailed to all residences in Whatcom County on July 10 and contains information about Whatcom County primary candidates and ballot measures. An online version of the pamphlet is available at VoteWA.gov.
Meeting Dates and Times:
Open public meetings will be held in the Election Center, 311 Grand Avenue, Suite B03, Bellingham. Meeting dates, times, and/or locations are subject to change; please see our website at www.whatcomcounty.us/auditor or call (360) 778-5102 for updated information.
July 13 10:00 am Logic & Accuracy Test of the Ballot Counting Equipment
July 12 - Aug 14 8:00 am - 4:30 pm M-F: Processing of Ballots
Aug 3 10:00 am Hand Count of Six Randomly Selected Ballot Batches
Aug 9 9:30 am Risk Limiting Audit
Aug 14 11:00 am Canvassing Board Meeting/Review Challenged Ballots
Aug 15 11:00 am Canvassing Board Meeting/Certification of Election