Receiving Your Ballot: Ballots for the general election will be mailed to registered voters on October 18. Voters should receive a ballot by October 25. Contact the Auditor’s Office for a replacement if yours is lost or damaged.
Returning Your Ballot: You may vote and return your ballot as soon as you receive it. Return your ballot in an official ballot drop box by 8:00 pm on November 7 OR return it by mail. Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked by November 7. We do not recommend mailing your ballot after October 31.
General Election Registration Deadlines:
1) Monday, October 30 is the deadline for online registrations or address updates. If mailing a registration form, it must be received at the Auditor’s Office by October 30.
2) Starting Tuesday, October 31 citizens needing to register or update their address in time for the general election must appear in person at the Whatcom County Auditor’s Office.
3) The deadline for in person registrations and updates is 8:00 pm on November 7.
How to Register or Update Your Address:
1) Online at VoteWA.gov if you have a current Washington State driver license or ID card, or
2) Complete a Washington State Voter Registration form and return it in the mail. Registration forms are available on our website, or contact us to have a form mailed to you, if time allows, or
3) In person at the Whatcom County Auditor’s Office, Election Division: 311 Grand Avenue, Suite 103.
Voters Requiring Assistance and Other Information: An accessible voting unit (AVU) is equipped with visual and audio technology. Voters requiring assistance may vote on the AVU starting October 18. For more information, contact the Election Division at (360) 778-5102 or [email protected].
A local voters’ pamphlet is mailed to all residences in Whatcom County on October 16 and contains information about Whatcom County candidates and ballot measures. An online version of the pamphlet is available at VoteWA.gov.
Meeting Dates and Times:
Open public meetings will be held in the Election Center, 311 Grand Avenue, Suite B03, Bellingham. Meeting dates, times, and/or locations are subject to change; please see our website at www.whatcomcounty.us/elections or call (360) 778-5102 for updated information.
Oct 17 2:00 pm Logic & Accuracy Test of the Ballot Counting Equipment
Oct 18 - Nov 27 8:00 am - 5:00 pm M-F: Processing of Ballots
Nov 9 10:00 am Hand Count of Six Randomly Selected Ballot Batches
Nov 21 9:00 am Risk Limiting Audit
Nov 27 11:00 am Canvassing Board Meeting/Review Challenged Ballots
Nov 28 11:00 am Canvassing Board Meeting/Certification of Election