MEDIA ADVISORY FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMarch 18, 2020 Media Contact:
Melissa Morin, Lead Public Information OfficerPhone:
(360) 594-2504E-mail address: email@example.com
New COVID-19 Cases in Whatcom County Will Be Updated Daily on Website
and in Daily Email Digest
–The Whatcom County Health Department (WCHD) is updating information on the number of confirmed 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Whatcom County every day by noon at www.whatcomcounty.us/covid
. We will no longer send media releases with information on new cases. Instead, the website will be updated daily by 12:00 pm with the following information:
- Total number of confirmed cases in Whatcom County – This includes the total number of positive COVID-19 test results for Whatcom County residents reported to the Washington Disease Reporting System (WDRS) as of 11:59 pm on the previous day.
- Total number of negative test results – This includes the total number of negative COVID-19 test results for Whatcom County residents that are known to the Whatcom County Health Department through the WDRS as of 11:59 pm on the previous day.
- Total number of deaths in Whatcom County due to COVID-19.
- Details for each confirmed case – The details will include the individual’s sex at birth and age by decade.
In addition to updates on the website, WCHD will also publish the same information in a daily email update through its Public Health News subscriber list. To sign up to receive these emails from WCHD, along with other news items, go to https://www.whatcomcounty.us/signup
, and select Health – Public Health News under the News Flash section.
This information is also available as a PDF