June 5, 2020
Silver Lake Park Campground to Open June 8th
Effective Monday June 8th, Whatcom County Parks and Recreation’s Silver Lake Park campground will open. This coincides with Whatcom County’s move into phase II of Washington State’s Safe Start reopening plan.
Some operational changes remain in effect even as the campground opens:
- Picnic Shelters and Group Camp remain closed.
- All public showers are closed.
- Due to enhanced cleaning protocols, cabins have reduced availability.
- Concessions are unavailable.
- The Lodge will be open in the coming weeks with reduced hours so guests can pay fees and purchase firewood. Lodge hours will be posted in the park.
- Boat rentals will be available in the coming weeks on a reduced schedule. Boat rental schedule is subject to change and will be posted in the park.
- The playground is closed.
New Silver Lake campground
reservations can be made starting June 8th
at 9am. Reservations can be made online
or by calling the Park Administrative Office at (360)778-5850.
reservations can be made starting June 15th
at 9am by phone only at (360)778-5850. Due to enhanced cleaning protocols cancellation of some current reservations will be necessary. Impacted reservations holders will be contacted by June 12th
and given a full refund.
Campers are encouraged to register for campsites in advance or self-register when arriving at the campground to reduce interactions with staff.
Lighthouse Marine Park campground remains closed at this time due to border crossing restrictions.
Park visitors are asked to recreate responsibly to help protect the health and safety of visitors and park staff alike. Here are some guidelines to prepare for and enjoy a successful adventure:
- Before you go, make sure you know what to expect by checking what is open and if there are any changes to normal services.
- Come prepared with your own soap, water, hand sanitizer and cloth face covering.
- Enjoy the outdoors when healthy. If you are not feeling well or have symptoms of cough, fever or shortness of breath, please stay home.
- When you arrive, practice social distancing and avoid crowds. Gatherings of unrelated persons should be limited to 5 or less. Be prepared to change your plans or come back later if an area looks crowded.
- Leave no trace. Make sure to pickup all garbage, including disposable gloves and masks.
More information about all Parks and Recreation operational changes can be found at: https://www.whatcomcounty.us/2395/Parks-Recreation-COVID-19-Updates
For additional questions, please contact us at 360-778-5850 or firstname.lastname@example.org