Lummi Island Ferry Scheduled Return to Service on Oct. 3
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 28, 2020
The Whatcom Chief is scheduled to return to service at 6 pm on Saturday, Oct. 3, after three weeks in dry dock. This scheduled return is dependent on upon successful completion of the remaining shipyard repairs and sea trials.
Any vehicles parked in driving and queuing lines, adjacent to queuing lines, and in supplemental dry dock parking areas must be removed. See the Vehicle Parking and Removal information below.
Please contact Whatcom County Public Works Administration with questions or concerns at 360-778-6200 or email [email protected]. Visit the dry dock webpage.
What to Expect on Saturday, Oct. 3:
Vehicle Parking and Removal:
- The passenger-only ferry will run its regular Saturday Schedule starting at 7:00 a.m. until 10:10 a.m.
- The last two departures will be:
- 10:00 a.m. from Lummi Island
- 10:10 a.m. from Gooseberry Point
- Due to the complex nature of the dry dock switchover, no additional runs will be made to clear the docks after the last posted departure time. Please plan accordingly.
- All ferry service will stop while dock modifications and floats for the contracted passenger-only ferry are dismantled and removed.
- Both ferry docks will be unavailable for emergency use during this switchover
- The Whatcom Chief is expected to return to service starting at 6:00 p.m.
Shuttle Van Services:
- In preparation for the Whatcom Chief’s return to service, please remove vehicles parked in queuing and driving lanes on both Gooseberry Point and Lummi Island by Friday, Oct. 2. See Parking Maps AA and CC.
- Please remove vehicles parked adjacent to queuing lanes and at entrances and exits to ferry lanes by Friday, Oct. 2.
- Any vehicle left in these areas after Friday, Oct. 3, will be towed at the owner’s expense. No exceptions.
- Any vehicles left in supplemental dry dock parking on either Gooseberry Point or Lummi Island must be removed by the end of the day on Tuesday, Oct. 6. Any vehicles left in supplemental dry dock parking areas after Oct. 6 will be towed at the owner’s expense. No exceptions.
· The shuttle van will make all scheduled runs through Sunday, October 4.
· Oct. 4 is the last day of the shuttle van service.