When do I need a moving permit?
Any individual, firm or corporation planning to move, transport or haul any mobile home or other structure over 10 feet in width or 40 feet in length through Whatcom County on any route which consists solely of county roads and highways shall, prior to said movement or transport, obtain a permit (PDF) from the Whatcom County Engineer.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a moving permit?
2. What are overweight loads?
3. Who issues the oversize or overweight permits?
4. When is a bond required?
5. Can the permit be issued over the phone or by email?
6. What are the fines for moving oversized loads or homes without a permit?