What if I did not get a "Change of Value Notice?"
If you did not receive a Notice of Change of Value at least 15 calendar days prior to the deadline for filing the petition for the current assessment year, and you can show proof that the value was actually changed, you may submit a sworn affidavit to the Clerk of the Board so stating. Keep in mind that the assessor is obligated to send the notice to the taxpayer whose name and address appears on the assessment rolls. You are responsible for notifying the assessor of any address changes and requests.

Show All Answers

1. Who is the Board of Equalization?
2. Who may file an appeal?
3. Where can I get an appeal form?
4. What information must I provide for a completed petition?
5. What is the deadline for filing a petition?
6. If I do not meet the appeal deadlines, can the board be reconvened to consider a late filed petition?
7. How does the assessor value my property?
8. When do I receive a "Change of Value Notice?"
9. What if I did not get a "Change of Value Notice?"
10. Should I wait until after my hearing to pay my property taxes?
11. What types of evidence should I provide?
12. What if there are no sales comparable to my property?
13. What if I don’t have time to gather all the evidence by the petition deadline?
14. Should I contact the Assessor’s Office?
15. When will I have a hearing?
16. What can I expect at the hearing?
17. May I submit additional information at the hearing?
18. How soon will I receive a decision from the Board of Equalization?
19. What if I am not satisfied with the Board of Equalization’s decision?