Should I contact the Assessor’s Office?
You can contact the County Assessor’s Office to review your valuation any time you have a question regarding your property value. You still need to preserve your appeal rights by timely filing your petition with the Board of Equalization.

Property owners can often resolve disagreements at this level without continuing the appeal process. After a petition is filed, sometimes the Assessor will process a corrected evaluation, these forms are processed through the Assessor’s Office requiring appropriate signatures and forwarded to the Board of Equalization for proper finalization.

Show All Answers

1. Who is the Board of Equalization?
2. Who may file an appeal?
3. Where can I get an appeal form?
4. What information must I provide for a completed petition?
5. What is the deadline for filing a petition?
6. If I do not meet the appeal deadlines, can the board be reconvened to consider a late filed petition?
7. How does the assessor value my property?
8. When do I receive a "Change of Value Notice?"
9. What if I did not get a "Change of Value Notice?"
10. Should I wait until after my hearing to pay my property taxes?
11. What types of evidence should I provide?
12. What if there are no sales comparable to my property?
13. What if I don’t have time to gather all the evidence by the petition deadline?
14. Should I contact the Assessor’s Office?
15. When will I have a hearing?
16. What can I expect at the hearing?
17. May I submit additional information at the hearing?
18. How soon will I receive a decision from the Board of Equalization?
19. What if I am not satisfied with the Board of Equalization’s decision?