A farm planner at the Whatcom Conservation District will help review your eligibility for the rebate program. Call 360.526.2381 for more information.
There are four criteria that must be met to be eligible for the small farm improvements rebate.
- You must have farm animals on a parcel in the current eligible area. Landowners or operators with landowner’s permission are eligible for the rebate. Parcels that are in a coastal watershed in Whatcom County are eligible for the rebate program. Contact a farm planner at the Whatcom Conservation District at 360.526.2381 to determine if your parcel is in the current eligible area.
- You must complete a free Whatcom Conservation District small farm workshop or a free site visit. Find the listing of upcoming workshops at: http://www.whatcomcd.org/speaker-series. Contact a farm planner at the Whatcom Conservation District at 360.526.2381 to schedule your site visit.
- You must purchase supplies for and install one of the eligible Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Roof gutters and/or outlet for your barn.
- Footing materials for your heavy use area.
- Fencing materials to protect sensitive areas.
- You must take before and after photos of your installed BMP to document your work.