We are always monitoring for performance as more and more users discover the Parcel Viewer. The app may occasionally experience slowness for a variety of reasons. Here are a few:
- You are zoomed out in an area where there is a lot of map features (i.e. parcels) and you use the pan tool to pan to a new area.
- You are zoomed out when using the popup tool, which is delayed by having to draw the map features first.
To improve performance, you can:
- Turn off property labels. Go to the layer list and uncheck the tax property labels (top).
- Use search by address or parcel identifier to get to your desired location.
- Make sure you are zoomed in before using the popup feature to identify a property.
- Use the navigation tool in the upper right to navigate the map view more efficiently.
- Confirm that you do not have more than one application session open at a time.
- Refresh the browser page if you encounter consistent slowness.