I want to reserve space to teach a class. What do I need to do?

You would need to apply for a Special Event Permit. Special Event Permits are required for any of the following situations:

  • Organized activities or events open to the public
  • Requires services or facilities not normally available for reservation
  • May disrupt or interfere with the public's regular use of the park or facility
  • Any activities where an admission fee is charged, products or services are sold, donations or funds are solicited
  • Commercial activities, including individuals, groups, or businesses, who:
    • Charge a monetary admission or class fee
    • Sell tickets, food, or other items 
    • Solicit funds or donations
    • Offer other for-profit activities
    • Promote a commercial business.

For information on Special Event Permits and the application process please see our Special Events page.

Show All Answers

1. Can I decorate the facility I have reserved?
2. Can I bring my dog?
3. Can I bring my own BBQ grill?
4. Can we have a bounce house at our event?
5. Can I play music at my event?
6. Can I have a food truck at my event?
7. What is the cleaning policy for a rental facility?
8. Do I still need a liquor license if we paid the $60 Alcohol Use Fee to Whatcom County Parks?
9. I need to cancel my reservation. Can I get a refund?
10. How do I get the Whatcom County Resident rate when booking a reservation?
11. I want to reserve space to teach a class. What do I need to do?