View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
June 19, 2019, 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM @ Conference Room - Garden Level
Regular meeting of the Whatcom County Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee
June 19, 2019, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM @ Mt. Baker High School
Open House for Public Participation in the Shoreline Management Program Periodic Update. County Staff and Consultants will be on hand to explain the update process & gather input.
The goals for public participation are to:
• Provide interested parties with timely information, an understanding of the process, and multiple opportunities to review and comment on proposed amendments to the SMP.
• Actively solicit information from citizens, property owners and stakeholders about their concerns, questions and priorities for the periodic review process.
• Encourage interested parties to informally review and comment on proposed changes to the SMP throughout the process and provide those comments to decision makers.
• Provide forums for formal public input at project milestones prior to decision-making by local officials.
• Consult and consider recommendations from neighboring jurisdictions, federal and state agencies, and Native American tribes.